Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello, gentle readers and lurkers.

I have little words to express for tomorrow. The words that I do have, however, mark the seventh year I have been together with my guy. Seven long years, with two of them spent together in the same bed, under the same roof. It's been rough for the both of us, but he's my world, my everything, and I don't know what I'd be without him today.

Anyhow!

I have treats for you all. Most of them are related to my attempts at colouring.

Here's Cupid and one of my Halloween boys, JD. When I made my version of Cupid almost... ten years ago, (wow!) I intended him to be on the punk side. Here, I have him more of the Avril Lavinge "sk8terboi" (God, strike me down for having uttered her name and employed even a semblance of leet speech.) I got really lazy with this, if you can't tell.

Next, I attempted to turn Superman, the Man of Steel, into the Man of Bronze, by playing with his design as more of a barbarian.

And my attempt at colouring him. I used one of Frank Frazetta's paintings as a colour base.



I hope you all have a wonderful day. If not for romance, then for the glorification of the human form and the many wonders it inspires.




1 comment:

  1. I like the tweak on Supes - the mitama-esque S in his chest is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete